Early Childhood Development and Brain Science Resources
Here is a list of resources that explain the importance of brain science in early childhood development.
- Brain Science Speakers Bureau slide deck (ReadyNation/Council for a Strong America)
- “Brain Wonders: Nurturing Healthy Brain Development from Birth”(ZERO TO THREE)
- [Video] Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences (I-LABS)
- [Article] Why Parents Should Talk A Lot to their Young Kids (The Washington Post)
- [Factsheet] Five Numbers to Remember About Early Childhood Development (Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University)
- [Factsheet] The Brain Story (Vroom Brain Building)
- [Article & video] Three Core Concepts in Early Development (Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University)
- Too Small to Fail
- Thirty Million Words
- [Factsheet] InBrief: The Science of Early Childhood Development (Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University)
- I-LABS Library of Online Modules - The Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences (I-LABS) has created an online library of free modules to communicate the latest science of child development. The library includes short modules on topics such as early brain development and bilingualism, as well as resources like discussion guides and one-page briefs.
- Podcast: Janice Gruendel, Ph.D., developmental psychologist and member of the ReadyNation Brain Science Speakers Bureau, sat down with Mission: Readiness to discuss the science behind preparing kids for success at an early age. Listen here.
- Webinar by Dr. Laura Jana on the Power of Early Brain Development