ReadyNation Brain Science Speakers Bureau
To highlight the importance of positive relationships and quality engagements in children’s brain development, ReadyNation is offering expert, credentialed scientists as speakers for events and providing materials for public use.
ReadyNation is funded by the Bezos Family Foundation to raise awareness and build support for the groundbreaking science of young children’s brain development.
Highlights of the ReadyNation Brain Science Speakers Bureau (BSSB):
- The BSSB consists of brain science experts who are available to discuss how early brain development impacts later life outcomes. The speakers represent many specialty areas, including neonatology, neurobehavioral development, nutrition, and human development.
- There are NO speaking fees, making it easy to include this important topic in any event.
- Available for any-sized event and audience including virtual events (e.g. business, education, government, community).
- Event organizer pays for travel expenses (if applicable).
ReadyNation helps to spread knowledge of this topic by connecting you with the experts who know the science behind early brain development best: brain development specialists, including medical doctors, developmental psychologists, professors, and others with commensurate credentials. The BSSB offers these experts to make presentations at local, state and national events around the country. See the list of brain science experts here.
ReadyNation also provides materials for use by the general public to explain the brain science behind high quality experiences in the first years of life highlighting just how important getting a strong start is for all children.
If you are interested in having a Brain Science Speaker present at your upcoming event, please contact the Speakers Bureau Coordinator at least one month before the scheduled event by completing the Request a Speaker form below.
ReadyNation’s Brain Science Advisory Committee includes the following individuals:
- Ellen Galinsky, Chief Science Officer and Executive Director of Mind in the Making at the Bezos Family Foundation.
- Laura Jana, MD, Pediatrician, national speaker, health communicator, innovator and award-winning parenting and children’s books author.
- Sarah Roseberry Lytle, Ph.D., Director of the Outreach and Education division at the Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences (I-LABS) at the University of Washington.
In addition to support from the Bezos Family Foundation and its early learning initiative, Vroom, we would like to extend a special thank you to the New York Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University, and the Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences at the University of Washington, among others.
Read More About