Council for a Strong America California Year End Highlights
Our California office is proud to highlight our members’ work in support of children and families in 2021
2021 was quite the year: challenging, unprecedented, and truly remarkable! As the year comes to a close, we want to thank, highlight, and uplift the wonderful work our Council for a Strong America members achieved in support of children and families this year. In coalition with the California Legislature, partner organizations, ReadyNation business leaders, and Fight Crime: Invest in Kids members, we made huge strides for California’s kids, and we look forward to continuing this important journey together in 2022.
POLICY & LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY
Over 200 Council for a Strong America members engaged in policy and legislative advocacy in 2021, including meetings with members of the California Legislature and sign-on letters supporting increased investments in children and youth.
REPORTS & FACTSHEETS
This year we produced seven reports and factsheets highlighting research in a wide range of areas, including home-based child care, afterschool programs, women in the workforce, and pathways to post-secondary education. These reports and factsheets serve to provide empirical evidence for the importance of programs and policies that prepare the next generation to be healthy, well-educated, and prepared for productive lives. View below for links to our work in 2021:
- Home-Based Child Care: A Surprising Key to Keeping the California Workforce Strong
- Building Pathways to Postsecondary Education Today for the Economy of Tomorrow
- Improving Equity & Opportunity in California’s Workforce
- Afterschool Programs Support Working Families & Help Prepare Our Youth for the Workforce
- Investing in Student Wellness in California
- Female Labor Force Participation Is Key to California’s Economic Recovery
- Averting a Talent Shortage in California
Council for a Strong America members authored a total of 12 earned media pieces in 2021, including op-eds and letters to the editor published in top 10 California daily newspapers. Earned media pieces covered a number of topics, including the importance of crime prevention and public safety programs, child care investments, broadband access, and postsecondary pathways. For a full list of the latest news from our California members please visit the news section of our website.
We held a total of 5 webinars gathering policy, business, law enforcement leaders and early education advocates discussing policy solutions to improving health and education outcomes for children and helping them succeed. View below for links to our work in 2021:
- Policy, Business, and Child Care Leaders Discuss Home-Based Child Care in California
- ReadyNation Event Underscores the Science Behind Early Investments
- Council for a Strong America Gathers California Leaders to Discuss Student Wellness
- Council for a Strong America Gathers California Policymakers and Business Leaders to Discuss Women in the Workforce
- Law Enforcement as Partners & Advocates in Expanded Learning Programs
We launched 5 special campaigns featuring our members in video series and social media clips highlighting and celebrating various issues, including early literacy, quality child care, crime prevention and afterschool programs. View some examples of our 2021 campaigns below!
- Read Aloud Series with Council for a Strong America and Raising a Reader
- Early Childhood Programs are Critical for California’s Rural Communities
- Fight Crime: Invest in Kids Celebrates Crime Prevention Month in October
We thank our Council for a Strong America members, along with the California legislature, for the powerful work we do together on behalf of California’s children, youth, and working families. We also thank our funders, without whom this work would not be possible. We look forward to continuing the work ahead in 2022!
Council for a Strong America unites organizations of powerful community leaders from business, law enforcement and retired military who advocate for cradle to career policies and investments to foster the next generation’s growth and success in school, work, and life.
Read More About