ReadyNation National Child Care Campaign
ReadyNation is calling on federal lawmakers (i) to protect and expand programs that enhance the affordability and availability of quality child care and (ii) to foster continuing innovations that address this problem for parents and employers.
On this page you’ll find links to a variety of materials related to the ReadyNation national child care campaign, including, but not limited to, reports, member blogs, and sign-on letters to lawmakers. For state-specific information, please visit respective state web pages provided here.
REPORTS & RELEASES
RELEASE: ReadyNation CEO Task Force Statement on HEALS Act (7/29/20) ReadyNation CEO Task Force on Early Childhood Co-Chairs respond to the HEALS Act
FACTSHEET: Home-Based Child Care Factsheet (7/24/20) A factsheet version of ReadyNation’s national home-based child report
REPORT: Home-Based Child Care: A Surprising Key to Keeping the American Workforce Strong (6/24/20) ReadyNation’s new national report looks at the essential role of home-based child care, which accounts for 97 percent of all child care settings and serves almost two-thirds of the children ages birth to five who are in care.
REPORT: Want to Grow the Economy? Fix the Child Care Crisis (1/16/19)
ReadyNation’s national report sets the stage by explaining the nature of the crisis, including the fact that it costs our nation a total of $57 billion per year. See also separate technical report exploring the underlying economic analysis.
VIRTUAL REPORT RELEASE EVENT: National Home-Based Child Care Report Highlights Importance of HBCC to Economic Strength (6/25/20) ReadyNation members came together virtually to release the new home-based child care report and discuss the importance of home-based care to the workforce and economy, especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. A condensed and full-length video recording of the event is available.
WHITE HOUSE SUMMIT: ReadyNation Business Leaders Call for Bipartisan Solutions to Child Care Crisis at White House Summit (12/12/19) ReadyNation members participated in a discussion at the White House Summit on Child Care and Paid Leave: Supporting America’s Working Families event, highlighting the impact of a lack of affordable, high-quality child care for working parents.
CAPITOL HILL ROUNDTABLE: Business Leaders Convene to Forge Solutions on Child Care Crisis (11/14/19) Leaders from ReadyNation engaged in a roundtable discussion and spoke with policymakers about potential bipartisan paths forward to fight the infant-and-toddler child care crisis.
CONGRESSIONAL BRIEFING: Child Care Solutions Will Boost Our Nation’s Economy (3/27/19) ReadyNation members met with policymakers and engaged in a panel discussion on Capitol Hill to highlight the child care crisis and the need for strong Congressional action to fight it.
LETTER TO CONGRESS: Sustain the Child Care Sector in the Face of COVID-19 (5/27/20) Over 30 ReadyNation CEO Task Force on Early Childhood members call upon Congress to maintain and strengthen the child care sector.
LETTER TO CONGRESS: Business Leaders Urge Congressional Action (2/13/19) Over 50 senior business leaders from across the country have signed a letter to Congress urging strong Child Care and Development Block Grant funding and other initiatives to fight the infant-and-toddler child care crisis.
NATIONAL BLOG SERIES
ReadyNation featured select business leader members across industry sectors from around the country in a limited blog series to draw attention to the ongoing child care crisis exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Douglas M. Baker, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Ecolab Inc.: Child Care is More Vital Now Than Ever (6/30/20)
- JD Chesloff, Executive Director, Massachusetts Business Roundtable; Advisory Board Member, ReadyNation: The Child Care Sector is Necessary to Restore our Economy (6/26/20)
- Nancy Moody, Vice President of Public Affairs, DTE Energy; Chair, DTE Energy Foundation: Recovery Means Having a Stable Child Care Sector (6/16/20)
- Ankur Gopal, CEO, Interapt: The Child Care Industry: Key to Economic Recovery (5/27/20)
- Anne Mulcahy, Ret. Chair & CEO, Xerox: Support Working Parents and Children for the Economy (5/14/20)
- Bob Myers, Ret. Chairman & CEO, Casey’s General Stores: Childcare is Essential to Protecting and Reviving the Economy (5/5/20)
- Jack Brennan, Chairman Emeritus and Senior Advisor, The Vanguard Group: Protect the Child Care Sector to Preserve the Economy Today and Tomorrow (4/24/20)
- Alfred Sanchez, President & CEO, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce: Sustain Federal Economic Relief to Preserve the Child Care Sector (4/22/20)
SPOTLIGHT: Key Businesses Helping to Fight the Child Care Crisis (1/24/19) This profile presents three examples of companies that have created better child care options for their employees, thereby improving the lives of parents and children, while also bolstering their own productivity.
Read More About